While most of the tourists fly hours at a stretch fighting jetlags to reach Dubai, Indians hardly have to fly for 3 hours to reach the city of world records. The stone’s throw away distance between Dubai and India makes it one of the most frequently visited places by the Indians. The visa can be for leisure, business or work related. Indians also form a major portion of the expat community residing in Dubai. But sadly India is not amongst the 33 countries who do not require a visa to enter UAE and therefore, Dubai visa for Indians is a must to enter the city of Dubai.
Find out how you can apply for an online Dubai visa from India.
1. Get Dubai Visa For Indians
Eligibility criteria for Indian Nationals to obtain Dubai Visa:
- Indian citizens with a previous travel record of UAE or other countries like USA, UK, Schengen countries, European Union, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Canada, Switzerland and Japan, at least once in the last 5 years are eligible.
- For Indian applicants who do not meet the criteria of previous travel record will be required to present proper financial records, i.e. the income tax return of previous 2 Years having a gross income of over INR 2 lakh per annum. The source of this income should come from business, employment or profession.
- A personal invite from any close family member staying in UAE on family status with the spouse and the children below 21 years of age and/or parents above 60 years of age. People satisfying the above criteria can be invited by the Dubai residents.
- A newly married Indian couple travelling for honeymoon post marriage is eligible for submission of their authenticate marriage certificate and an NOC from their parents. They should include their wedding card, a valid Photo ID proof and a marriage photograph in order to be Ok to board the flight to Dubai.
2. Mandatory documents required for an Indian National to get Dubai Visa:
- Scanned coloured copies of 1st, last and observation page of passenger
- Passport should have at least 6 months validity and 2 blank pages for stamping
- Recent passport sized photograph (as per specification, clear and against a white background)
- Visa Application Form (signed by the person filing the application form).
- A covering letter mentioning purpose of visit and duration of stay
- Confirmed airline ticket of the passenger with return journey
- Proof of hotel/accommodation for all days of your stay in Dubai
- Travel insurance (It has now become mandatory post pandemic)
- Scanned color copy of your pan card
- Original and photocopy of your IT returns
- Bank statements or proof of finance to cover your trip
- Investments for an amount of Rs 5 lakhs or above in the form of fixed deposit
(Please note that a copy of PCR test issued 96 hour prior to departure is also required now).
1. Mandatory documents required from the Sponsor calling his/her family member:
- Copies of 1st, last and resident/work permit
- Letter of undertaking/Invitation
- Valid address proof
- NRI bank statement for last 6 months
2. Mandatory documents required from the Employer calling for Employment:
- Visa application form along with a photograph of the sponsored person which is to be approved by the authorized signatories or sponsor
- Passport copy of the sponsor
- Passport copy of the sponsored person
- A copy of employment contract or the salary certificate of the sponsor
- Proof of relationship with the sponsor (in case the sponsorship is given by a family member)
- travel insurance
3. The application process for Dubai Visa can be done through:
- Visa sponsored by a local UAE citizen (for work and visitor visa)
- Visitor visa application through a local hotel
- Authorized airline agent of Dubai Naturalization & Residency Department in India (DNRD)
- Visitor visa application through a UAE based airline
3. Different types of Visa that can be applied for Dubai by Indian citizens:
1. Visitor Visa
It is one of the most applied and approved Dubai visa for Indian citizens. It is issued to Indians willing to stay in Dubai for a term of more than 14 days, or Indians visiting Dubai for any family or business visit. This type of Visa is valid for a term of 30 days in case of short term visa and valid for 90 days for long term visa.
[Check Out : How to apply for a 90 days Dubai Visa easily ]
2. Transit Visa
A transit visa is issued for travelers looking to stay in Dubai during a break journey. In such a case visa requirement for Indian citizens vary. A traveler must stop at the Dubai airport for at least 8 hours to be issued a transit visa for duration of 48 hours or 96 hours. To get a transit visa issued, the application must come either through the respective airline, the Dubai hotel authority or via an authorized travel agent.
3. Tourist Visa
A tourist visa applied by an Indian citizen is considered as a special category visa. This nonrenewable visa is issued for a period of 30 days. Since it’s non-renewable, a heavy fine is levied if the citizen is found staying past the expiry of his/ her visa.
4. Employment Visa
For Indians looking to stay in Dubai for work must apply for an employment visa. In such cases even the employer (regardless of the fact that it is a local company) also has to get a work visa from the Immigration Department of Dubai. The visa of the employee has to be sponsored by the employer.
5. Multi Entry Visa
While travelling through the sea route, travelers who need to enter and exit Dubai more than once during their travel are issued the Multi entry visa. Indian tourists or business class people on their work related trips to Dubai are mostly granted this type of visa.
The validity of Multi entry Dubai visas is 6 months from the date of issue with each stay in the city not exceeding a span of 30 days. This is a non- renewable visa and can be obtained once the traveler enters Dubai.
The Multi Entry visa is issued with a validity entry period of 58 days from the date of issue. It can be extended twice for a period of 30 days each time. The visitor can enter multiple times and stay there for a period of up to 30 days from the date of first entry in UAE.
- All educational certificates, academic and professional certificates of the employee must get attested by the UAE Embassy in New Delhi and UAE consulate in Mumbai.
- These certificates must first get attested by the Consular Section of Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
- The photocopies of these certificates must be submitted to the Consulate/Embassy along with the copy of the passport. Two copies of a recent photograph (passport size) have to be submitted.
5. General Tips while filling the application form for Dubai visa by Indian applicants:
- Specification of the designation of the applicant should be in detail e.g. “General Manager – Sales, Vice President and Lecturer, etc.” In the application form.
- Specification in detail of the occupation been served, whether “Business or Self Employed” in the application form should be clearly mentioned.
- The photo of size 4.3 x 5.5 cm should be colored and clear with minimum 80% of the face clearly visible.
- Pages exhibiting the evidence of travel and visa in current and old passport photocopies.
- In case of online Dubai visa application, a clear scanned copy of a photograph, first and last page of the passport should be submitted in JPEG format with the total size less than 38KB.
6. Photo Specifications for Dubai Visa from India
You have to submit two recent (not older than 6 months) photographs while applying for visit, business or tourist visa for Dubai from India. The photos should be 45mm in height and 35 mm in width. It should be in colour and the background should be plain white. You should make sure that no patterns and shadows appear on the background. The face should be seen clearly. One should not wear hat, masks or sunglasses in the picture. If you are wearing a religious headgear, make sure your face is not covered and your facial features can be seen clearly.
7. Dubai Visa Cost from India
|UAE Visa Types||UAE Visa charges From India|
|7 Day Tourist Visa UAE||Rs 5850*|
|14 Day Tourist Visa UAE||Rs 6212*|
|30 Day Visit Visa UAE||Rs 6761*|
|90 Day Visit Visa UAE||Rs 19643*|
|30 Day Multiple Entry Visit Visa UAE||Rs 17359*|
|90 Day Multiple Entry Visit Visa UAE||Rs 45682*|
Along with the visa application form and the documents you submit while applying for a tourist visa for Dubai from India or any other type of visa, you also have to pay the fees for the same. The Dubai visa fees from India is approximately ?. However, the exact Dubai visa cost from India would depend on the type of visa you are applying for. For instance, the 14 days tourist visa would cost lesser than the 30 days visit visa. You would also get information regarding Dubai visa fees from India from your travel agent.
8. Additional Information about Dubai Visa from India
Apart from the documents you need to submit, you also have to know about some important information that you should know about applying for Dubai visa.
- You can apply for Dubai visa from India anywhere from 58 days to five days before your departure.
- Women below the age of 25 cannot travel to Dubai on their own. They have to be accompanied by their parents, husband or guardian. She will require an NOC from father or husband. The same applies with men below the age of 21.
- Your passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in Dubai. If it is less than six months, your visa for Dubai from India would be rejected.
- UAE is a one of the countries that provide E-visa for Indians. Your Dubai visa will be sent as a digital copy once it is approved, which you will need to download. So, once your visa is approved, you would get the e-visa in your email address specified in the application form.
9. Ok to Board
Even after you receive your visa for Dubai from India, you cannot guarantee that you would be allowed to board the flight from India. To ensure this, you need to get the Ok to Board from your airlines. Once you receive your visa, you have to send it to the airlines you are travelling with. They would examine the visa and offer Ok to Board against your PNR number. This has become mandatory to avoid the case of fake UAE or Dubai visa.