The United Arab Emirates is one of the most popular Middle Eastern countries, as it is a family-friendly holiday destination. Moreover, the country has one of the largest expat populations in the world, as people from different parts of the world travel to the UAE for job and business opportunities. While the UAE has 7 emirates, Dubai and Abu Dhabi are the most popular among them. People wanting to visit the UAE for job or tourism purposes need to get a Dubai visa or UAE visa. Recently, The Federal Authority of Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Ports Security (ICP) announced new visa rules for those planning to work in the country or travel to the UAE for leisure purposes. Here you will get to learn everything you need to know about the UAE new visa rules.
New UAE Visa Rules
The new UAE visa rules, approved by the cabinet, will be set in motion from October 3’ 2022. As per the new rules, the UAE government has announced different types of Dubai visa or UAE visa. Moreover, several changes have been made to the existing visas as well. These new visa laws have been approved to strengthen the country’s position as the ideal place to work, live, and invest in. Here we present to you the different UAE visas available and the new rules for each of them.
UAE Tourist Visa
People who visit Dubai or anywhere else in the UAE for tourism purposes or to meet their family and friends can heave a sigh of relief. This is because they do not have to endure the hassle of applying for a Dubai tourist visa each time they want to visit the UAE.
- As per the new law, tourists of all nationalities are eligible for a multiple-entry visa with a validity of 5 years.
- With this visa, visitors can visit the country as many times as they want and stay there for 90 days, till the validity of the visa is over.
- To be eligible for this visa, a person needs to have a bank balance of AED 14,700 or its equivalent in any other foreign currency in his/her bank account.
UAE Residence or Green Visa
Some major amendments have been made to the UAE residence visa laws.
- Expats are eligible for a 5-year visa for their first-degree relatives, i.e., spouse and children.
- Earlier residence visa holders were given a grace period of 1 month to stay in the country after visa expiry. With the new rules, resident visa owners get a grace period of 6 months to stay in the UAE after their residence visa expires, without paying any fine. However, this does not extend to family members.
- Apart from this, resident visa holders can support male children up to the age of 25 years, while there is no age limit for unmarried female children.
- A resident permit is granted for children of determination for the same duration as the parents, irrespective of the age of the child.
UAE Golden Visa
The UAE Golden Visa, which is a long-term 10-year visa, was introduced in 2019. The main purpose of this visa was to attract entrepreneurs, investors, scientists and professionals, exceptional talents, outstanding students, frontline heroes, and humanitarian pioneers. Here are some of the new laws regarding the UAE or Dubai Golden visa:
- The golden visa holders can sponsor their spouses and children (irrespective of their age).
- They can also sponsor support services, i.e., domestic laborers. There is no restriction on the number of support staff they can sponsor.
- Family members can live in the UAE till the validity of their visas, in the event of the death of the original holder of the UAE golden visa.
- The golden visa will be given to scientists who have a Master’s Degree or PhD in technology, engineering, natural sciences, and life sciences from the best universities in the world. They also need the Emirates Scientists Council’s recommendation to get this visa.
- A skilled worker with a valid employment contract, with a minimum salary of at least AED 30,000 will be eligible for this visa. The skilled worker should have a minimum bachelor’s degree, and the occupational level should be either 1 or 2 as defined by the Ministry of Human Resources Emiratization.
- Individuals with exceptional talent in the field of digital technology, sports, art, medicine, law, medicine, innovation, etc. will be given the 10-year golden visa purely based on their talents.
- Real estate investors with a minimum investment of AED 2 million in property in the UAE are entitled to receive the golden UAE visa. This includes those who take a loan from specific local banks to purchase the property.
- Startup companies that fall under the SME (Small and Medium Enterprises) category with annual revenue of AED 1 million are eligible for this visa. Additionally, you need the Ministry of Economy’s approval to get this visa.
- Students with exceptional academic excellence who have earned high scores in the schools and universities of the UAE as well as those who have studied at the 100 best universities in the world are eligible for this visa.
- Humanitarian pioneers who are outstanding members of public benefits associations, distinguished members of regional and international organizations, distinguished sponsors and volunteers of humanitarian efforts, and those who have received awards in humanitarian fields are also entitled to this visa.
- Doctors and nurses licensed by the UAE health regulatory bodies have been awarded the 10-year golden visa in recognition of their efforts and sacrifices during the UAE Covid-19 fight. These medical professionals can apply for the Golden visa through 7 centers affiliated with the Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship.
UAE Temporary Work or Study Visa
Those wanting to visit the UAE for temporary or short-term work project need to submit a temporary work contract, a letter from the employer that states the purpose of visit, and a health and fitness certificate as well. Similarly, those coming to the UAE for study courses, training, or internship programs need to be sponsored by educational or research institutes or universities of the UAE (either government or private entity). A letter stating the details of the training, internship program, or study should be submitted along with the duration.
UAE Job Exploration Visa
People who want to visit the UAE to explore the job market do not require a sponsor or host to get a visa. These professionals are eligible for job exploration entry visas if the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization classifies their skills as first, second, or third skill level. They need to be a fresh graduate from the best 500 universities in the world. They should have at least a bachelor’s degree or something equivalent.
The new UAE or Dubai visa rules are a step towards the effort of attracting and retaining exceptionally talented and skilled people in the country. You can take the guidance of visa experts or companies if you want to apply for any of the above-mentioned visas.