Burj Khalifa has become synonymous with the city of Dubai. Opened in 2010, Burj Khalifa really does not need any introduction. Standing at the height of 828 meters, this is the tallest building in the world, currently. Towering over all the skyscrapers of Dubai, Burj Khalifa can be seen from almost anywhere in the city. It is one of the first things that you would see when your flight descends into Dubai. Home to luxurious hotels, residential apartments, fine dining restaurants and corporate offices, the Burj Khalifa also has a couple of observation decks and lounges that tourists can visit. Here is the ultimate guide that would help you if you are planning to visit the Burj Khalifa. Before that, you need to book your Dubai visa and explore this world’s tallest building.
Facts about Burj Khalifa
Apart from being the tallest building on earth, the Burj Khalifa is the owner of several other world records, which are as follows:
- Burj Khalifa has 162 floors, the highest number of stories/floors in the world
- It has the highest observation deck at the height of 555 meters
- The Burj Khalifa has more than 50 lifts/elevators and they are the fastest elevators on earth, travelling at the speed of 10 meters per second. It also has the tallest service elevator on the planet.
- It took 5 years, 12,000 workers, 22 million man-hours, 55000 tons of steel rebar, and 110000 tons of concrete to complete the work of the building.
- The Burj Khalifa is a modern structure with certain Islamic features/characteristics. It resembles the Hymenocallis flower.
Burj Khalifa Attractions
Viewing the Burj Khalifa from its base is in itself an incredible experience. However, you do not have to limit your experience to this. You can stay at the Hotel Armani, one of the most luxurious hotels in Dubai. However, staying at Hotel Armani may not be everyone’s cup of tea. Here we talk about all the options you have when visiting Burj Khalifa.
The easiest and the most inexpensive ways of seeing the interiors of Burj Khalifa is visiting its observation decks. There are three observation decks here: 124th, 125th, and 148th floors. Known as At the Top, the observation decks on 124th and 125th floors stand at the height of 452 meters and give you a 360o view of the entire city. At the 124th floor, you would find several high-powered telescopes through which you can observe the important landmarks of the city closely. Here you would also be able to step out on to the outdoor observation terrace. On the 125th floor, you would get the chance to walk on a glass floor, 456 meters above the ground.
The observation deck on the 148th floor is called At the Top, Burj Khalifa SKY and is located 555 meters above the ground. It is a luxurious version of the observation deck on the 124th and 125th floors. Here, you would not only get to see an incredible bird’s eye view of the city but would also be able to enjoy some refreshments. You would also be a part of a personalized tour with a Guest Ambassador as your tour guide. The SKY observational tour lasts for 30 minutes, after which you can visit the 124th and 125th floor, where you can spend as much time as you want.
The Lounge at Burj Khalifa is located on levels 152, 153, and 154. Located 585 meters above the ground, the Lounge is where you can enjoy the incredible view of the city while enjoying some drinks and refreshments. If you are visiting the Lounge during day time, you get to savor delicious tea and coffee along with the freshly baked desserts and cakes. You also get to visit the outdoor terrace, which is a bit scary and exhilarating at the same time. On the other hand, you can also opt for a bubbly sundowner, where you can enjoy a glass of bubbly or your favorite beverage along with gourmet canapés while you watch the sunset and the city glowing with colorful lights.
If visiting the observational decks or the lounge is not enough for you, there are several restaurants inside Burj Khalifa where you can have a great time. One of the most unique restaurants you would find here is At.Mosphere. Located on the 122nd floor of the Burj Khalifa, it is the highest restaurant in the world. Apart from the ambience and the delicious food, At.Mosphere also offers you a great view of the city. Apart from this, there are Armani Deli, Armani Lounge, The Café, Rooftop, etc., inside the Burj Khalifa. Although there are on the lower floors of the building and may not give you an amazing view of the city, the food and ambience of these restaurants are good and worth the visit as well.
How to Reach Burj Khalifa?
As Burj Khalifa is located in Downtown Dubai, it is quite easy to reach the place. Burj Khalifa is located right next to the Dubai Mall. In fact, the entrance for those who want to visit the observation decks is through the ground floor of the Dubai Mall. To reach Burj Khalifa, you can take the red line on the metro and get down at the Burj Khalifa Metro Station. From there, you can either take a bus to the next stop or walk to the Dubai Mall entrance. You can also drive down or take a cab to reach the place for your Burj Khalifa tour. Only if you are staying at Hotel Armani, dining at one of the restaurants, or are a guest of one of the residents of building can you use the main entrance of the building to enter Burj Khalifa.
When to Visit Burj Khalifa?
If you are visiting one of the observation decks of the Burj Khalifa, you can visit the place anytime between 10 AM and 10 PM from Sunday to Wednesday, from 10 AM to midnight on Thursday, and from 5:30 AM to midnight on Friday and Saturday. The prime visiting hours are between 4 PM to 6:30 PM, as you get to see a marvelous sunset during this hour. An evening view of Dubai Fountains – the world’s top scintillating dancing fountain spectacle – is breath-taking from the observation deck of the Burj Khalifa. Early mornings are also great if you want to catch a glorious sunrise during the weekend (please check the weather to ensure that it is not foggy in the morning). If you want to avoid crowds and save some money, the morning slots and evenings (after sunset) would be a great time.
Tips for Visiting Burj Khalifa
- It is always best to book your tickets online in advance to save time as well as money. Moreover, you may not get your desired tickets if you book directly from the counter.
- The entire experience takes around 2-3 hours, so plan your schedule accordingly. Dubai downtown is a great place to spend an entire day exploring Burj Khalifa in the morning or evening, then spending the rest of the day at Dubai Mall. A combination of a seasonal attraction like Dubai Miracle Garden or a wildlife tour like Dubai Safari Park would be an excellent choice before exploring the illuminated views of Burj Khalifa. Check out Dubai Safari Park guide to know more about this attraction.
- Even if you have pre-booked your tickets, you may encounter some waiting in queues for security clearance and near the elevators as well.
- Arrive at least 15-20 minutes before the time provided on your tickets.
Burj Khalifa is undoubtedly an architectural marvel and something that you should see when you visit Dubai. So, pick one of the attractions that Burj Khalifa has to offer and have an amazing time inside a building that has broken all world records.