Australian citizens or simply Aussies do not need to apply for traveling to U.A.E. for visiting purposes. if they intend period of stay in U.A.E. is less than 30 days. The Dubai visa for Australian citizens is given on their arrival in U.A.E. This Dubai visa for Australian citizens, which is given on arrival, is applicable only for a tourist visa. If the applicant wishes to visit U.A.E. for business or diplomatic purposes, then they need to apply for a different visa. Travelers can extend their stay in the U.A.E by an additional 30 days for a fee of AUD 175 (Dh 600). The granted period of extension is the sole discretion of the immigration officer.
Official and Diplomatic Visa:
With effect from 1st Oct 2009. All diplomatic passport holders are expected to apply with their respective U.A.E. embassies for an entry visit visa prior to the date of travel. The list of documents mentioned below is the mandatory Dubai Visa Requirements for Australian citizens:
- Completed and typed visa application form
- Valid passport with a minimum validity of minimum 6 months prior to the date of arrival in U.A.E.
- Two recent passport size photographs with 80% face coverage.
- The applicant’s travel itinerary
- Third Verbal Note (TPN), which is issued by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade, which states the purpose of entry, duration of stay, date of entry, type of visa (single or multiple entry), and departure date from U.A.E.
- Colored copy of the passport and the visa application form.
The processing time for the visa is normally 10 business days or less.
Note: If the applicant is a member of the Australian Defenses forces, they are expected to submit an additional supportive letter from the UAE Military Attaché Office in Canberra.
A passenger traveling to a destination may sometimes enter U.A.E. and is permitted to apply for a transit visa on arrival in U.A.E. The transit visa entitles a passenger to stay in the U.A.E. for up to 96 hours from the period of obtaining the transit visa. There is a second type of Transit Dubai visa for Australian citizens for a period of 14 days. All transit Dubai visa for Australian citizens issued are single entry visas only.. Applicant will have to re-apply in case they wish to enter U.A.E. again.
- Dubai being a Muslim country, the local laws reflect that the Islamic beliefs and religious practices which are closely applied. Familiarizing yourself with these local laws would help you adjust and enjoy this wonderful destination much better.
- The legal and administrative processes are very different from other countries. Resolution of common and simple processes can be a bit complicated, so it is always advisable to follow the rules and regulations laid down by the U.A.E. authorities. Travelers can be detained if the issues in Dubai are unresolved.
- Possession of poppy seeds, pork products, and pornographic material is illegal.
- Travelers with pending criminal charges or unpaid debts in the U.A.E. are more likely to be detained in the airport even while you are in transit.
- Visa and other exit and entry conditions are frequently changed; do keep yourself updated by visiting the nearest U.A.E. in your respective country.
- Do check the list of public holidays observed by the Embassy.
Be a smart traveler, not just a tourist. Organize your travel insurances and analyze other activities, which are not in the scope of your policy well before traveling. Being informed and prepared helps you avoid any last-minute delays or hassles.